How Keyword research is beneficial in SEO?
Keywords are the words and phrases that people type into search engines. They can also be called search queries or “SEO keywords.” Keyword research is a systematic process of finding and analyzing search terms that people are entering in the search engines with the goal of prioritizing the best keyword opportunities for your website.
Normally people think about, how to get my WordPress site on google?
Keyword research is the way to figure out what people are typing into search engines.
The relevant keywords are the foundation of Search Engine Optimization. If nobody is searching for what you’re writing about, you won’t get traffic from Google—no matter how authentic and quality content you write.
What is Search Engine Optimization ?
SEO is basically the process of increasing quality traffic to your website by organic search engine results so that your website ranks higher on the search.
Keyword research is one of the most important SEO strategies of today’s digital marketing strategies.
But always remember your keyword search is to write and help what your audience is looking for. If you are just creating content to rank in the search engine you won’t succeed because SEO Content writer provides content to help the audience and with authentic content, search ranking is always high.
The Purpose of Search Engines is to allow us to filter the tons of information available on the internet and get the most accurate results.
Although many of us believe that Google is the only search engine due to its dominance, but there are other outstanding search engines as well like Bing, Yandex and Youtube.
But still 90 % of the users trust Google because of its largest database and high end search algorithm.
Have you ever thought of how search engine works?
Lets focus on Google ,when someone enter keywords in the google search engine, it comes up with long list of links to webpages that could potentially answer your question and for providing relevant and quality information search engines have their own algorithms.
Search Engines Like Google who have database of billions of websites on the internet use crawlers to visit websites and fetch relevant data from them.
Crawlers are basically robots that visits all the websites on the internet to provide relevant information to the user.
As one website links to another, the crawler will follow and see how deep the rabbit hole goes.
I hope you have now an idea how search engine works.
SEO is essentially the art of getting your page on the first page of Google for keyword research relevant to your online niche business.
Keyword research helps in analyzing what topics people care about and, how popular those topics actually are among your audience.
The important term for SEO is Topics: by researching keywords that are getting a high volume of searches per month, you can identify and sort your content into topics that you want to create content on. Then, you can use these topics to dictate which keywords you look for and target.
The winning formula for keyword research is high search volume and low competition.
Basically SEO keywords are divided into 9 categories:
- Short Tail Keywords: The Short keywords that are made up of three words or less. Sometimes they are also called the head keyword. Although short-tail keywords have a huge amount of search volume but are also highly competitive.
- Long-Tail Keywords: They consist of more than 3 words. They are also usually much more specific than short-tail keywords. They have a much lower search volume compared to a short-tail keyword. But they make it up by being much less competitive.
- Short-term fresh keywords: These keywords are fresh keywords, you need to think about something that is talked up in the market recently. For example, you are providing reviews of the latest car or a movie. They have Intense search volume, medium competitive rate, specific search intent, high conversion rates.
- Long-term evergreen keywords: Evergreen keywords are the ones that are significant all the time. The search volume may fluctuate now and then, but there will be no extreme change. The idea is, you can be sure that from the moment you publish something that focuses on the evergreen keyword until, let’s say, two years later, there will still be users looking for and wanting to read about it. They have moderate search volume, medium competitive rate, specific search intent, high conversion rates.
- Product defining keywords: It’s already in the name, they define and describe your product. When searchers go for product defining keywords they are already looking to purchase that product and have high chances of conversion. They have low search volume, low competition, specific search intent, and a high conversion rate.
- Customer defining keywords: These kinds of keywords have very high weightage as they define your customer’s persona. You are defining these keywords on the basis of your target audience, male or female, the age group they belong and so. These keywords have low search volume and low competition but high conversion rates.
- Geo-targeting keywords: When you are targeting a specific locality or city or country, then you use your location inside your business. For example, the audience searching for some specific product in a specific locality. These keywords have low search volume, low competitive rate, specific search intent, high conversion rates.
- Latent Semantic Indexing(LSI) keywords: LSI keywords are search terms related to the keyword you are targeting. They help support your content and add more context to make it easier for users and search engines to know what your content is all about. These keywords have low search volume, low competitive rate, specific search intent, high conversion rate.
- Intent Target Keywords: Intent target keywords are search queries that show someone is actively looking to make a purchase. Once you know the buyer intent keywords that your ideal customers are using, you can start to target them with relevant content. They have a low search volume and a very high conversion rate.
We now have accurate information of keywords that are beneficial to SEO, time to focus on best tools for the keyword research.
Best tools for doing keyword research:
- Google Keyword Planner: This is free tool if you wish to search what your target audience are looking for with search volume and competition rate.
2. Ahrefs Keyword Generator: Every keyword comes complete with local and global monthly search volume estimates and other advanced SEO metrics in Ahrefs keyword generator. It provides organic search reports, advanced keyword metrics.
3. Soovle: Soovle is also a free website for keyword research. The special feature about Soovle is it generates keyword research from many search engines. Soovle will generate terms that have been searched in conjunction with your search term. Soovle generates search terms from multiple search engines and sites including, Google, Bing, Yahoo, YouTube, and even Wikipedia.
4.Answerthepublic: This tool works a bit differently than most other keyword research tools. It presents keywords in a nice visual format, although you can also see them in a list or download an a.csv result file. If you’re just starting with SEO and keyword research, this is a great tool to try, because it’s free and you don’t even need to create an account to use it.
5.Wordstream: It is a free tool and provides a full keyword list in a CSV format, Provides a keyword with a competition score and an estimated CPC, etc.
6. Semrush: It is used by freelancers, small to large scale businesses. It comes with Market Research toolkit, Instant analysis of content performance and built-in image editor.
The SEO trends are constantly evolving. That is because people are constantly finding ways to exploit SEO and make their websites on top of the search ranks. But Google is a smart company, and they have a team who constantly evolves Google’s algorithm to make sure that searches remain relevant and not bring spam sites in front.
SEO marketing can be a very powerful tool for generating massive passive traffic. But if you use it incorrectly, you’ll end up doing more harm than benefits.
Thus doing proper keyword research through good tools can help you reach your target audience and also to rank on google search engines.
Doing content research is the first step for beginners : article sourced by Jhanvi Shah.
All the best for your SEO journey.